There has been rather a lot of trial and error going on with this project:
It started off as a wash-bag but the sides were too floppy for my liking, so I made the sides shorter with the idea of turning it into a hook case. Then I felt the base shape wasn’t defined enough so I added a row of double crochet round that, and finally I had enormous problems inserting the zip because the top edge looked too long for the base. A kind friend suggested a smaller zip and shortening the top row of crochet by threading some matching yarn through as a gathering thread. So finally I have a hook case that is fit for purpose and pleasing to my eye. I do love this textured stitch so perhaps it was worth persevering with.
It is made in Scheepjes merino soft ‘Michelangelo’ using moss stitch on a 4.5mm hook.
Pingback: Mosaic crochet headbands | Simply hooked